Mar 12, 2012

travel log: the hoover dam











Over the weekend, we took a short drive to the Hoover Dam. It was a gorgeous sunny day, and we were able to enjoy it with the top down and music turned way up. You might enjoy knowing that our playlist consisted of Celine Dion's The Essential Collection. Yes. There is a reason. I wanted to see her in concert while here in Vegas, and her shows have been cancelled until June because of a problem with her vocal chords. So, my amazing hubby suggested we listen to her on the drive and that would be almost the same!

I have to be honest, I was a little reluctant to go to see the Hoover Dam. I mean, how amazing could it be to see more large rocks and mountains with water flowing through them? Okay. Pretty gosh darn amazing. I absolutely loved it. It took my breath away. Not to mention how inspiring and humbling it is to know that men risked their lives to build this brilliant feat of engineering to make the world a more convenient place for you and I. Incredible. Just incredible. I would go back in a heart beat.

I hope you have been enjoying all of the travel logs. I know there have been a lot! And there will be more! When we get back to Cali, there will be more fun design blog posts coming! I promise.