Jan 6, 2011

first day of school


Yes! Today is my first day back to school...in...ahhh...well like five years ish!  I am now what they call a Mississippi State "Bulldog". Not entirely sure what that means but so far to me it means that I am able to eat Chick-Fil-A at least two days a week, one of my classes requires four water color paintings a week for homework, and I am learning about the first mall every built and the Eiffel Tower. I think I am going to be able to handle this just fine! Also, Regis & Kelly is on in the Student Union while I am drinking my coffee. I think I forgot how good it was to be a student!

There are a few things that are different about MSU and SEU (Southeastern University) though...

1. I see people smoking as they walk to class. Culture shock anyone?

2. I had to arrive an hour early to have time to WALK to my class.

3. I can take a bus to class. I am on the "purple" line. HOLY CRAP! CRAZY!

4. There is an app for the bus schedule. Yep. There IS an app for everything!

5. There are more people in the Student Union right now than went to SEU!